Relax and enjoy the beauty and serenity that
West Dover, Nova Scotia has to offer!
Cottages and guestrooms nestled in the
heart of one of Nova Scotia's most picturesque
fishing villages, West Dover Harbour View Cottages provides you with
all the comforts of home while you enjoy the fabulous
views of the harbour from one
of our decks or verandahs. We are also a very short 5 minute drive
from the World Famous Peggy's
Cove, and a 40 minute drive along the scenic Lighthouse Route
from downtown Halifax.
Fill your days and evenings with an authentic maritime experience.
- Panoramic views of the harbour
- Breathtaking sunrises, sparkling waters
- Scenic shorelines, traditional fishing wharves
- The magic of the ebb and flow of the tide
- Seabirds dotting the harbour
- Fishing boats out for the catch of the day
- The fresh air from the Atlantic Ocean, cool breezes
- Colourful sunsets predicting the day to come
- Clear night skies for star-gazing
Make the most of the many nearby opportunities to experience and discover
Nova Scotia. Explore the riches of Nova Scotia's Maritime Heritage.
Come and celebrate the timeless romance of the sea.
Nestled along Lighthouse Route 333, this unique fishing village is located only 5 minutes from the tourist attraction of Peggy's Cove!
- Visit the historic Lighthouse at Peggy's Cove. Spend
time browsing the many craft shops and galleries.
- Witness the marvels of the rock deposits left by the glaciers of the
last Ice Age in the Peggy's Cove Preservation Area.
- As part of the Lighthouse Route, journey through an unforgettable landscape
of coastal beauty, weathered fishing villages and island-studded inlets.
- Discover historic towns where legends of the sea come alive. Visit picturesque
Mahone Bay and Lunenburg - home of the Bluenose Schooner.
- Enjoy all that downtown Halifax has to offer: Historic Properties, The
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic (featuring a special exhibit on the
Titanic), the port of Halifax and Halifax harbour, The Public Gardens - the
oldest Victorian Gardens in North America, Citadel Hill and much more.
- Choose your adventure from walking along a beach to whale watching,
kayaking, sailing, golfing, hiking, bird watching or just relaxing.
Our down-east hospitality during your stay coupled with the great
beauty of our unique setting will form memories that last a lifetime.
Canada Select gave Harbour View a 3 1/2 star rating.
Nova Scotia, yours to discover and explore.